Virtual Classroom Instructional Designer Certificate
At A Glance
Duration Seven 2-hour virtual sessions (14 hours total), plus self-directed exercises and lessons
Virtual Platform Adobe® Connect™ & WebEx® Training Center
IACET CEUs InSync Training is authorized by IACET to offer 4.8 CEUs for this program
Prerequisites Learn How To Learn Online
Corporate group discounts are available
|Duration||Seven 2-hour virtual sessions (14 hours total), plus self-directed exercises and lessons|
|Virtual Platform||Adobe® Connect™ & WebEx® Training Center|
|IACET CEUs||InSync Training is authorized by IACET to offer 4.8 CEUs for this program|
|Prerequisites||Learn How To Learn Online|
Corporate group discounts are available
The modern virtual classroom calls for modern design which stimulates engagement, exploits multiple instructional tools, and creates an authentic learning environment. As an instructional designer responsible for virtual programs, your job is to apply the science of design in a creative way. Designing impactful virtual lessons is an art.
Creating activities that take advantage of whiteboards, chat, breakouts, and web browsing activities is critical, but the true art of virtual design lies in how we design experiences to meet program objectives and ensure the transfer of learning occurs.
The Virtual Classroom Instructional Designer Certificate provides 14 hours of live lessons, blended with independent lessons and immersive group activities. You will leave this certificate having independently designed a virtual lesson that reflects the best practices of the modern virtual classroom, and having received detailed evaluative feedback on your program.
All course materials will reflect the best practices of blended design and the principles of adult learning. Optional on-demand lessons and reading assignments will inform you on how to use virtual classroom tools and apply additional techniques.
AudienceThis course is targeted towards those who will be designing training for the virtual classroom. Participants should have some experience as instructional designers and be familiar with writing performance objectives and applying adult learning principles. Some experience in a virtual classroom is helpful but not required.
Program Level ObjectivesOn completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Apply a 4-step instructional design technique to determine which instructional objectives can be taught in a virtual environment, traditional classroom, or via self-directed formats.
- Engage learners with appropriate interaction and collaboration techniques.
- Design and develop a variety of instructional activities that utilize the whiteboard, chat, application sharing, web browsing, webcam, and breakout room activities.
- Hold learners accountable using a variety of assessment and debriefing techniques.
- Critique a virtual training program to ensure adult learning principles are being met.
- Extend learning beyond live events by utilizing blended learning technologies and long-term assessment techniques.
- Develop materials for a one-hour learning event including the Facilitator Guide, Participant Guide, and slides.
- Articulate the competencies of the virtual instructional designer.
REGISTERING FOR THIS PROGRAM
This program is delivered via WebEx Training Center or Adobe Connect, but the content is applicable to all virtual classroom platforms.
Private deliveries are available - send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By enrolling in a program, you agree to our Terms of Service
To view this schedule in your own time zone, select from the menu below.
|Start Date||End Date||Session Times||Platform|
|March 23, 2017||May 4, 2017||Thursdays at 11:00am PST||Enroll Now|
|May 16, 2017||June 27, 2017||Tuesdays at 8:00am PST||Enroll Now|
|August 24, 2017||October 5, 2017||Thursdays at 11:00am PST||Enroll Now|
|October 18, 2017||December 6, 2017||Wednesdays at 8:00am PST||Enroll Now|